Saturday 25 May 2013

Start

With too much time on my hands, there was this book I had bought in the mid nineties; it's called "C For Dummies", started reading it.

Flipping through it I thought maybe I could do some of the things in there.
It took me about a month or 2 to finish it.

I found 2 other C books here and there, they are pretty old, but I intend to work through them.

I have a friend who runs a shop selling Traditional Attire (Nagaland). When he found out I'm working on C, he asked me if I could write him a program that will manage his shop inventory and books.
I guess that is still a while away, because I'm nowhere near writing anything close to a database program lol.

But now I guess I have my first goal: to write a program for him.

Here are the 3 books I am working through:
1. C For Dummies (1994) Vol 1. Dan Gookin, IDG Books. Vol 2 hadn't come out yet. I have
                                                                                  finished this book, but do need it for
                                                                                  reference as I write my noob
                                                                                  programs.

2. Let Us C (2002) 4th Edition, Yashavant Kanetkar. At chapter 5, about to learn
                                                                                  pointers. So far the first few
                                                                                  chapters haven't taught me anything
                                                                                  I didn't know from C for Dummies.

3. Programming With C (1991) Byron S. Gottfried. This book is a bit difficult for me to
                                                                                  comprehend, so I'm saving it for
                                                                                  later.


Yeah they are pretty old, but lets see how far I get, besides I also have one of the biggest knowledge resource at my disposal (the internet). I'll post some of the programs I have written and will write on this blog.

The primary intent is to have a place I can look back to and maybe note my progress.
This is my first attempt at blogging and also programming, so go easy on me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment